FOS is the first mass-market daily sports newsletter network with a portfolio of brands including Front Office Sports, Front Office Sports College, The Association, Sports Section and The Rundown. We cover sports from every angle – from the front office to the front row.
This year, we are proud to be named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and have our client work recognized as finalists for various industry awards.
Who We’re Looking For
FOS is seeking a highly-motivated Social Media Editor to support the day-to-day operations of our social media team, which is responsible for the execution of our social strategy across the FOS family of brands.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, thinks critically, and is able to create content that resonates with our audience. We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented, motivated, self-directed, and a problem-solver.
What You’ll Do
- Execute FOS’s social strategies across platforms
- Work with the larger editorial and social teams on traffic and engagement initiatives
- Regularly pitch new, innovative social concepts and ideas
- Identify compelling editorial storylines and capitalize on trending topics by creating content in a timely manner
- Create images and graphics for FOS’s editorial coverage
- Assist with major FOS initiatives as needed
- 1-2 years experience
- Ability to write optimized, smart social copy
- Thorough understanding of FOS’ voice and a passion for using social platforms to reach our audience in innovative ways
- Ability to identify and apply emerging, on-brand trends to FOS’ social strategy
- Working knowledge of social analytics tools
- Some night and weekend availability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Newsroom or journalism background a plus
- Previous experience working at a media company a plus
Here’s what we look for:
The skill and agility it takes to execute an excellent process with ease.
The drive and desire to go with the flow and grind.
Bring that undying dedication to your work every day, to reach new levels.
We don’t just find a way, we find ours and make it the best way.
Do what we do well, day in and day out.
About Working For FOS
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and full medical benefits and a host of other competitive benefits including a work from home stipend, fitness memberships and more!
FOS is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Front Office Sports will consider all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and any work examples to email@example.com with the subject line “Social Media Editor APPLICATION”