FOS is the first mass-market daily sports newsletter network with a portfolio of brands including Front Office Sports, Front Office Sports College, The Association, Sports Section and The Rundown. We cover sports from every angle – from the front office to the front row. This year, we are pumped to be named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and have our client work recognized as finalists for various industry awards.
At FOS we want to create an efficient and excellent business to deliver a frictionless sports news and information experience to 1+ million working professionals. Every day we work towards operating as a business and a team that everyone wants to be a part of.
We don’t just set the bar, we raise it.
Mission & Values
Our culture is built on ambition and teamwork and our core values illustrate exactly what it takes to lead a successful career at FOS. We welcome and encourage the grind and unrelenting perseverance that birthed this start-up. Our values guide us day in and day out. They are:
Efficient Excellence – The skill and agility it takes to execute an excellent process with ease.
Ambitious Adaptability – The drive and desire to go with the flow and grind.
Passionate Ownership – Bring that undying dedication to your work every day, to reach new levels.
Trailblazing Innovation – We don’t just find a way, we find ours and make it the best way.
Consistent Quality – Do what we do well, day in and day out.
We are looking for an experienced writer to help produce stories for the Front Office Sports AM + PM newsletters. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in sports business or finance-related news judgment, editorial research, cross-platform content creation, and have an overall understanding of the sports business landscape. If you are analytical and forward-thinking in understanding the news of the business of sports, you could be a great fit!
Role & Responsibilities
- Produce 2-4 stories daily for the Front Office Sports newsletters
- Ideate, research, and write around key business metrics, trends, or other unique angles in a concise manner native to the newsletter format
- Ideate editorial franchises or concepts which can be referred to as weekly or daily sections in the newsletter
- Engage on social media to promote your work, the work of colleagues, and the broader FOS brand.
- 4+ years of writing experience in business media or journalism OR 3+ years experience as a financial analyst with strong writing skills
- Strong business and finance acumen
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and collaborate
- Knowledge of social media platforms and engagement strategies
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to help continue to build something new and fresh
- Ability to carry over existing relationships with sources at teams, leagues, agencies, athletes, and other sports figures
Working For FOS
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and compensation package, full medical benefits, and a generous bank of paid time off. You also can work from the comfort of your home and get a monthly WFH/Office stipend, fitness membership credit, and other ancillary benefits!
Please send complete the form and upload your resume below, and send your clips/examples of your work to email@example.com. Applications for this position will be accepted on a rolling basis and the position will remain posted until filled. We recommend applying as soon as possible.
FOS is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. FOS will consider all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.